Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Looking back on original posts...

I look back on my original posts of this blog, and the change with which my life has undergone is unfathomable from the place I was back then. That should teach me a little something about life and how much we know about ourselves and what we think is best for ourselves. I am continually humbled in life by how at any given point I think I know what's best for me and how I think I've finally learned it all...then not a year or so later it's all changed - including me. I don't pretend to be all-knowing - not even close. I don't even pretend to have my own life together. But what I can do is write from a point of honesty to myself and be real about the lessons I learn along the way, and how I can become a better person from those hard lessons. I am still married - happily actually. No divorce was filed or executed. I believe I'm falling in love with my husband all over again - or maybe for the first time if I'm really honest with myself. I have a lot yet left to learn in this life, but letting myself love and be loved is finally something I'm starting to enjoy. Check-mark. Letting myself enjoy life is something I'm still working on, however. I try not to create drama just to have something to complain about in order to feel sorry for myself in life. There doesn't always need to be something wrong to feel like I'm living a solid life, and I'm not sure where I got that notion...but it's there nonetheless. I take life as it is, not as I try to make it, and I will try to appreciate it with all of its beauty and frustration that it contains today. I take today as a new chance to keep living out the lessons I've learned so far, and I commit to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment